Body contouring of the abdominal skin is known as Tummy Tuck. This is ideal when your abdominal skin loses its elasticity and the underlying muscle becomes loose and weak. It also helps to recreate a waist line that was once obscured by a loose skin flap.
Abdominoplasty is performed at our center under general or spinal anesthesia. Generally, a horizontal incision is placed just within or above the pubic area. Working through this incision, the underlying muscles are tightened. Liposuction, if needed is performed concomitantly to contour the waist, hips & back to reshape your figure. The excess skin is trimmed & stitched. Small drain tubes may be inserted under your skin to prevent fluid accumulation.
Ideal Candidate :
- Excess fat that is concentrated beneath the abdominal skin
- Abdominal muscles that have weakened by pregnancy or aging
- Excess or loose, sagging abdominal skin
- An abdomen that protrudes and is out of proportion to the rest of your body
- Abdominal wall defect or hernia
- Grossly overweight patients to enable them to care for themselves
The pressure garment must be worn as instructed for at least 4 to 6 weeks after surgery. You may return to work in a few days and resume most of your normal activities within a week or two. It is important to treat your healing skin with extra care – i.e. avoiding sun exposure
Some of the possible complications include – anesthesia related complications, fluid accumulation, hematoma, infection, delayed skin healing, contour irregularity etc. which are curable under doctors’ guidance.Book Appoinment